Take a look at yourself in the mirror. What’s your self-concept? Are you a good leader, or a great one? Wondering what the difference is? Emotional courage.
Today, my guest is Peter Bregman, author of Leading with Emotional Courage: How to Have Hard Conversations, Create Accountability, and Inspire Action On Your Most Important Work. He is a speaker and thought leader in the areas of leadership development, organizational change, productivity, and emotional courage.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- 02:23 Concept of Leadership
- 04:40 Four Elements of Leadership
- Confidence in yourself
- Connection to others
- Commitment to purpose
- Emotional courage
- 05:44 Hitting the slopes to teach how to ski anything, anywhere, anytime
- 09:30 Helping successful people become better leaders
- 11:26 Being a better human being and making meaningful connections
- 12:15 Got emotional courage?
- 12:46 Why avoid tough conversations? Fear to feel
- 14:51 Going for the gasp moment; how to feel everything, to do anything
- 19:55 Follow through on things by flexing your emotional courage muscle
- 23:04 Seek out situations with no consequence of failure
- 24:57 Taking a breath to pause and prevent thoughtless reaction
- 28:24 Benefits of building emotional courage
- 31:14 Five Stages of Flourish Success Path
- 31:48 Flourishing: Positive view of life
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
- Peter Bregman
- Leading with Emotional Courage
- Where Is Your Leadership Gap? Assessment
- The Bregman Leadership Podcast, Episode 14: Maria Konnikova, The Confidence Game
- Lisa Martin
- Flourish Success Path
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help me to tailor the content to specific areas and topics you want to hear more of.
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.