How has patriarchal productivity hurt women? As a modern female leader, do you feel overwhelmed and over-scheduled? Do you think you have to be perfect? The key in leveraging your productivity is learning to slow down and focus.
Today, my guest is Erin Falconer, author of How to Get Sh*t Done: Why Women Need to Stop Doing Everything so They Can Achieve Anything. Also, she’s the editor-in-chief and co-owner of Pick the Brain, one of the fastest growing and most trusted self-improvement Websites.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- 02:40 Female Condition: Doing until you hit a brick wall and unable to move on
- 04:14 Workspace Situation: Still not equal and fear stopping or someone swoops in
- 05:04 Own your own power and stop second-guessing yourself
- 05:53 Patriarchal Model of Productivity – Get the job, fit in
- 06:54 Internet and digital era becoming great equalizer for women
- 08:11 Be the master of your own destiny
- 08:33 Role that perfectionism plays; need to control something that’s uncontrollable
- 11:58 Big Downfall: We’re saving time to get more work done
- 14:30 Don’t be a martyr: Do you want to be right or happy?
- 14:45 Five stages of Flourish Success Path
- 15:36 Simple steps to take stock and let go
- 19:44 Building up resentment in the absence of feeling
- 20:55 Feeling shitty has nothing to do with success
- 22:34 Fear of finding out who you are
- 25:29 Focusing on what and who is most important to you to be more productive
- 35:15 What we think we know about productivity is wrong
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
- How to Get Sh*t Done: Why Women Need to Stop Doing Everything so They Can Achieve Anything
- Pick the Brain
- Pick the Brain Podcast
- Erin Falconer on Twitter
- Erin Falconer on Instagram
- Erin Falconer on Facebook
- Lisa Martin
- Flourish Success Path
- Briefcase Moms: 10 Proven Practices to Balance Working Mothers' Lives
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help me to tailor the content to specific areas and topics you want to hear more of.
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.