Financial education is not the key to female empowerment. What is? Closing the gap between what you know and what you do. It’s about your ability to confidently have a tough financial conversation with others. Women are equal to or superior to men when making financial decisions. So, they need to become comfortable with economic power.
In today's episode, my guest is Tracy Theemes, co-founder of the Sophia Wealth Academy, certified Financial Planner, and International Alliance for Women – World of Difference award winner. Also, Tracy is the author of, The Financially Empowered Woman, which helps women enhance their financial literacy and build their wealth.
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- 02:33 Sophia Wealth Academy: Financial education for women to take over the world
- 04:45 Gap between knowing and root of doing
- 07:25 Build your wealth to support your dreams (Stage 5 of Flourish Success Path)
- 08:43 Jargon and Acronyms: What to say to speak the financial language
- 11:47 Overcoming sense of shame around money
- 13:23 Crisis of Meaning: How to handle wealth first
- 15:42 Communication Protocol: “I’m just wondering…would you be willing…”
- 22:07 How to start an economic discussion
- 23:09 Context of practice is support
- 23:58 Women’s relationship to money and romance
- 26:35 Setting a framework for the future on a first date
- 29:30 Flourishing: Clarity to confusion to contributions
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
- Tracy Theemes
- Sophia Wealth Academy
- The Financially Empowered Woman
- 2013 World of Difference 100 Award Recipients
- Lisa Martin
- Flourish Success Path
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help me to tailor the content to specific areas and topics you want to hear more of.
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.