What is self-love, and why is it important? What gets in the way of women practicing it? How can you increase your self-love quotient?
On this episode of the podcast, I sit down with the co-founder and CEO of SPARK Creations & Company, Inc., Lorie Corcuera, to discuss the importance of self-love, creating meaningful workplaces and her upcoming book titled, Love First.
<iframe style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/10713668/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/backward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/891b63/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- 02:32 Love: Lorie’s #1 core value
- 03:27 What is self-love?
- 04:00 Every day, choose love over fear
- 04:20 Social media success with #chooselove and #lovefirst
- 05:01 Power of “love” in the workplace
- 07:02 Speaking about love; shift from resistance to openness
- 08:04 Reframe “L” word in corporate world to be successful in the workplace
- 09:21 Self-love links to self-worth
- 12:18 Build Your Core: First stage of Flourish Success Path
- 12:50 Hitting rock bottom; surround yourself with love and start watching “Oprah!”
- 15:00 Every day, practice loving yourself; do things that fill up your “love cup”
- 17:06 Be full of yourself; say “no” and set boundaries to become stronger
- 21:11 Lorie’s Book: Love First – The Rest will Follow
- 23:55 Flourishing: Feeling good about who you are
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
- Spark Creations & Company
- Lorie Corcuera on Twitter
- Lorie Corcuera on LinkedIn
- The Power of LOVE In the Workplace (Lorie Corcuera’s DisruptHR Talk)
- Kristin Constable
- Lisa Martin
- Flourish Success Path
- Briefcase Moms: 10 Proven Practices to Balance Working Mothers' Lives
To share your thoughts:
To show the Podcast some support:
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.