“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said.” Peter Drucker
Do you know the one difference between being a good communicator and an excellent communicator? The latter communicates like a leader and moves people from compliance to commitment.
On today's episode, I share the tips and tricks necessary to communicate like a leader. I’ve been studying and helping people become better communicators for 20+ years. Listen to learn the three steps you can take to become an excellent communicator, as well as tips on how to listen well to influence others.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
- 01:58 Communicate Like a Leader – Influence and Listen
- 02:15 Commitment vs. Compliance: What’s the difference?
- 03:42 Core competence consists of rational and emotional components
- 05:09 Influence and respond to others by listening to them
- 06:06 Listening to Influence: No lip service; be aware of iceberg
- 07:46 Find intent and affirm your understanding of it
- 08:01 Feelings: Be empathetic and identify unstated concerns
- 09:33 Influence Goal: Maximize engagement with others to maximize your build in with others and minimize resistance to your ideas
- 09:53 3-Steps with Stakeholders: Support, Influence, and Communication Strategies
- 14:48 Commitment = Inspiration to Take Action
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
We put out a new episode every other Tuesday, so make sure you subscribe via either of the links below, so you don't miss them.
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.