Listen to the Full Episode:
About 60% of North Americans feel that they do not have enough time in their day to get everything done, and 75% feel stressed every day at work. Can you relate?
What is capacity? Optimal capacity? Above or below capacity? Where are you on the burnout to boredom continuum? In this episode, I introduce you to the seven elements of capacity, teach you how to create optimal capacity by using the Capacity Pyramid and share the 3 P's to help you reach optimal capacity.
Highlights of Today’s Episode:
● 02:00 Definition of Capacity: Balancing action with rest
● 02:48 High achievers find it difficult or impossible to slow down and face burnout
● 03:26 Optimal capacity level lets you get everything done with energy to spare
● 03:46 Optimal Capacity: Ability to get stuff done without losing your mind
● 04:26 Work/life balance doesn’t truly exist; it’s an illusion
● 05:30 Most people are operating at above (burnout) or below (bored) capacity
● 07:59 Build up your capacity by following 7 elements of the Capacity Pyramid:
○ Base Level: Worthiness, psychological well being, relational vitality, physical self-care
○ Second Level: Personal growth, environmental management
○ Third Level: Self mastery
● 10:45 Where are you? Which level?
● 11:00 Foundational pieces need to be strong or your pyramid will collapse
● 11:39 Where are you the weakest? What are you focusing on? Make the biggest impact
● 13:17 Threepeats: Ditch perfection, prioritize your priorities, permission to rejuvenate
Links and Resources in Today’s Episode:
We put out a new episode every other Tuesday, so make sure you subscribe via either of the links below, so you don't miss them.
LIKE THIS POST?
Sign up for my updates. Don’t leave without becoming a Lead + Live BetterTM Insider. I’ll send you a FREE eBook as a thank-you.